Emirates Institution for Advance Science & Technology "EIAST"

Emirates Institution for Advance Science & Technology "EIAST"
"The Power of Scientific Research & Technological Innovation"

Sunday 4 April 2010

Day 1 .. Let's go

In the first day I got to the Institution at 7:20 and I waited for 10 minutes until the electronic door opened. Then I went straight to my supervisor’s office. She is called Mona Ahmed AL Qemzi director of Financial & Administration Affairs.
Ms. Mona gave me a short introduction about the organization and the nature of the work in the institution. Then she took me around the institution and introduced me to the employees, after that she took me to my small disk provided with all office staff plus new Dell laptop and printer next to my disk. Also, she sent a circular letter to all institution staff about me as a new trainee in the institution. Then someone from IT department came to me to setup the printer and Microsoft office Outlook to send and receive emails in EIAST though my email trainee1@eiast.ae.
I asked Ms. Mona for the work plan that I need for the work placement and she said that she will prepared within this week. Also, I asked her when she will be free next week because she needs to meet with my mentor Mr. Tridib Chatterji during the second week of WE and I showed her the available timing for my mentor to make an appointment. She said that she will check her schedule and will reply me.
The employees that I will be working with during the next 4 weeks are Eman and Maryaim from HR department and they were students from DWC. I felt they were very helpful individuals that enjoy explaining the different aspects of the work.
For the first duty they sent me all forms for the institution and I have to change the old logo with the new one and check the spelling and grammar mistakes. Also, at 12 o’clock the Financial & Administration department had a meeting Ms Mona invites me to the meeting to participate with them to choose the best name for the online magazine that they want to publish at the end of this month. I participated with them and Ms Mona was happy for that.
At the end of the day I helped Eman and Maryaim sort the receipts of the purchases and at 2:30 pm I left the institution with the employees and I felt happy from the first day J Thank God..


Fatima