Emirates Institution for Advance Science & Technology "EIAST"

Emirates Institution for Advance Science & Technology "EIAST"
"The Power of Scientific Research & Technological Innovation"

Thursday 8 April 2010

Week 1, Wednesday and Thursday

For the fourth and fifth day I worked mostly with HR department and had same tasks with Maryam and Eman. Firstly, I observed their work then I got used to do the same such as filling forms for the employees, phoning the companies and others duties.

Tasks I did with HR department:
· Filling the training confirming form for 15 employees.
· Filling Return Form Leave Application for 27 employees.
· Editing some word documents for the institution.
· Editing some Excel documents for the employees.
· Creating some documents called label for the files.
· Filing the leaves for the employees
· Helping in preparing for some events.
I felt this day was full of works however Maryam and Eman was very happy for helping them and doing all these tasks and they said that I as fast learner. These words encouraged me to do more and achieve my goals in this work experience.
However, when the works increase my skills also increase such as improving my planning skill, management skill, and communication.Moreover, other hard skills increased such as sending functional letters and emails, and sending faxes.
Week 1 was an orientation week to describe the work area and clarify the nature of the work for ma as a trainee in each department in the institution.

Fatima