Emirates Institution for Advance Science & Technology "EIAST"

Emirates Institution for Advance Science & Technology "EIAST"
"The Power of Scientific Research & Technological Innovation"

Monday 5 April 2010

Week 1, Monday

I started this day working on the online magazine for the institution that Ms Mone gave it to me I helped Eman in designing and choosing the colors. Also, I chose some topics for some articles in the magazine and they accepted.
From 11:00 to 01:00 I worked with Maryam. She explained some tasks for me and answered all my questions patiently.

Tasks that Maryam gave it to me are:
· I did conforming forms for the employees.
· I filled the course booking forms for the participated employee in the courses.
· She gave me list of companies’ numbers and she want from me to call them and ask if they provide the ISO 17025 training course. I called them all and I emailed the company who provide this course.
· Helping Maryam in preparing some necessary papers.


I learned the following:
· Filing and general administration tasks.
· Filling the institution forms for the employee.
· Phoning other companies.
· Enhance some business communication skill such as writing communication, writing emails for work and making telephone calls.
Around 1:30 pm I talked with Ms Mona discussing the work plan for the next weeks. After that I sat with accounting department employee and observing them when they are working together and calculating then I started asking some question.

Fatima