Emirates Institution for Advance Science & Technology "EIAST"

Emirates Institution for Advance Science & Technology "EIAST"
"The Power of Scientific Research & Technological Innovation"

Tuesday 6 April 2010

Week 1, Tuesday

In this day the works was more than two days left, from the morning Eman the administrative assistant gave a task which was searching of five companies in Dubai offering landscaping because they want to design the garden outside in EIAST. I started searching in http://www.yellowpages.ae/ website which is as online business telephone directory with local business listings, phone numbers & classifieds. Then I chose 5 companions in Dubai after visiting their websites and had I look on their services and offers and I listed this phone numbers, fax and emails. After that I started phoning them directly all of them and I asked them to visit us in the intuition next week if it is possible and some of them contacted with me emails and other by fax to send the location map.
Another task:
Maryam the HR and training administrator gave me the forms for the course booking for some employees and I filled them. Also, she gave me necessary papers for the HR department for checking spilling mistakes and submitted to her and I did good job on this as she said.
Moreover, I sat with the magazine organizers they were set the topics for the articles and I participate with them and gave them some ideas and suggestions. They accepted on my topic and they appreciate my participation. I really felt happy at this moment.
In afternoon, I sat with the accountants Aysha and Mariam who showed me how to transfer the account for their employees form bank to other. Also, they showed me the calculation for some employees’ accounts and the most time I observed their work with asking for any queries.
For these weeks the most time I will be observing and learning the nature of their works with doing duties and tasks that they want and providing the help for the employee.

For today I gained and learned the following:
· Improve business communication skill such as write emails for work, sending professional faxes and making telephone calls.
· Improve Research skills enhancing research skills and improving technical skills.
· Learning fast.
· Filling forms for courses.
· Improving critical thinking.
Fatima