Emirates Institution for Advance Science & Technology "EIAST"

Emirates Institution for Advance Science & Technology "EIAST"
"The Power of Scientific Research & Technological Innovation"

Sunday 11 April 2010

Week 2 Sunday

This is start of week 2 from morning I worked with my supervisor Mona she told me to search for companies in Dubai for storage she want to store the equipment and goods for the institution. I started searching then I called them and ask them to email us for more details.
Moreover, Maryam form HR department gave me a huge task which is creating a new file for the staff leaves classifying the file into units for each employee which around 47 employee. I took 3 hours organized this file with some back pain. Maryam appreciate this job because she gave me two days to finish this file but I pressed on myself to finish it earlier. Then she gave me a break for the afternoon.

For today I gained and learned the following:
· Organizing skill
· Patience.
· English skills such as enhance all skills: listening, reading, writing, speaking
· Research skills
Also, I talked with my supervisor about my mentor Mr. Tridib visit to the institution this week to make an appointment with her according to the available timings for my mentor. She said it will be fine to meet her on Tuesday, 13 April, 2010 at 11:00 am and I sent an email to Mr. Tridib to inform him about the meeting date and day and I am waiting him for replying.

Fatima