Emirates Institution for Advance Science & Technology "EIAST"

Emirates Institution for Advance Science & Technology "EIAST"
"The Power of Scientific Research & Technological Innovation"

Monday 26 April 2010

Week 4, Monday

On Monday Mona gave me a big duty as she said and she wants from me to be serious in doing it. She asked me to find a university or college in the country has the Law major and she wants the new graduates for this semester and be sure that this university or college recognized by the ministry. Then contact the university or college if they can provide the names of the new graduates. After that we will send them a fax with a formal letter signed by the General Manager Ahmed AL Mansouri.

1. I started searching and I found 5 universities and colleges.
2. I checked in the Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific Research in Licensed Institutions section if these universities and colleges are recognized or not. One of them was not.
3. I make a table in Microsoft Word with colleges name, contact person, Telephone number, Fax number and email.
4. Then I started calling them to take the details up.
5. I found that 2 of the university are new and they accepted to graduates its students after 3 of 4 years.
6. Stayed two which are Sharjah University and Emirates University.
7. After that I wrote the formal letter to the directors of the Universities then I showed it to Mona for the Duble check and she corrected one mistake
8. Then I printed and gave it to Mona for signature and seal.
9. Finally, I sent it to Universities by fax and waiting for replying.
Done with this task :)
Another task, Mona gave me to type the Master copy documentation control form and design it before the meeting the managers of the institution.

For today I learned:
· To be serious.
· Be patient.
· Quick learning
· Writing formal letters
· Sending professional fax.
· Making phone to the Universities and colleges.
· Enhance Research skill.
· Communication skill.

Challenges:
· Doing this task alone.
· Some Universities and colleges don’t answer and I have to re call them more than one time.
· Writing a formal letter.
Fatima