Emirates Institution for Advance Science & Technology "EIAST"

Emirates Institution for Advance Science & Technology "EIAST"
"The Power of Scientific Research & Technological Innovation"

Sunday 25 April 2010

Week 4, Sunday

On the morning I sat with Aish Bulshalat an accountant in accounting department I was observing her work and taking some ideas about her duties and responsibility such as:
· Analyze and review expenditures and budgets of the institution.
· Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy.
· Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company's.
I noticed that her a little bit complicated because I don’t like thinks related to the finance that much.
Also, I worked with Iman an Administrative Assistant helping her with (LPO) Local Purchase order, with Iman I found myself able to do her work and I learnt the nature of her work quickly.
In afternoon, I took the permission from my supervisor Mona to take a tour in the institution to identify to the staff sections which will help me in my interview and I met
Huda Mohd Sultan AlAwais an IT Support Engineer in IT department.
Noura Ibrahim Ahmed ALMuhassin an Assistant Researcher in Emirates Scientific Research Center (ESRC) department.
Eng.Ali Rashed AlSuwaidi an Associate Researcher in Space Programe department
They were very kind with me and helpful also they gave me a simple overview of nature of their work.

I gained the following:
· Good commutation skill
· Helping and good observing
· Some duties in accounting department


Fatima