Emirates Institution for Advance Science & Technology "EIAST"

Emirates Institution for Advance Science & Technology "EIAST"
"The Power of Scientific Research & Technological Innovation"

Thursday 6 May 2010

Week 5, Thursday

Today I felt better but I had some sneeze when I was working with files because some of them are dusty. I completed Maryam tasks with other file called “Official and training functions for Space Program” and I started entering data to excel for all trips for each employee in years 2010, 2009, 2008 and 2007. This file takes a lot of time because in this department requires from the engineers a lot of trips to outside countries. I finished entering data and I went to Maryam I bring another file she appreciated my hard working and she called me “workaholic”.
Another work I had today Mona asked me to find a university or college in the country has the Media and applied communication and she wants the new graduates for this semester. I had the same duty before and I found it easy this time so I started searched and the result was UAE University, Sharjah University, DWC, DMC and SHWC. Then I started calling them to take the details. After that I wrote the formal letter to the directors of the Universities and colleges then I showed it to Mona for the double check. Then I printed and gave it to Mona for signature and stamp. Finally, I sent it to Universities and colleges by fax and waiting for replying. DONE J
At the end of the day, I sent an email for the interviewees that I conduct to interview them asking them for half hours from their time next week to conduct an interview which is part of my project and all information that I will gather will be for an academic purposes and I will check for replying on Sunday.
For My weekend I will prepare the questions for the interviews.
Have a nice weekend :) :) :)

From this week I gained the following:
- English skills: enhance all skills: reading, writing, speaking
- Business Communication: write professional faxes, write emails for interview, and make telephone calls.
- Research skills: improve technical skills, create questionnaires and enhance research skills.

Fatima